Skytrax Awards are coveted quality accolades for the world airline industry, and a global benchmark of airline excellence. Travellers across the globe take part each year in the world’s largest airline passenger satisfaction survey to decide the winners.
These are the airports on Skytrax World Airport Awards 2017
10. Frankfurt Airport (Germany) — Among the busiest airports in Europe, Frankfurt Airport sneaks into the Top 10 on this year’s Skytrax World Airport Awards list
9. London Heathrow Airport — Europe’s busiest airport, Heathrow came in at No. 9 on this year’s list
8. Zurich Airport (Switzerland) — This international Swiss airport is both modern and green. Zurich Airport slipped one spot, falling from 7th to 8th in this year’s rankings
7. Chubu Centrair International Airport (Nagoya, Japan) — Chubu Centrair International Airport, 22 miles south of Nagoya in central Japan, is the world’s 7th best airport, according to SkyTrax.
6. Hamad International Airport (Doha, Qatar) — Opened in 2014, Hamad International Airport in Doha moved up four spots to number six — a particularly impressive shift considering it was 22nd on the list in 2015
5. Hong Kong International Airport — Once voted the world’s best airport, Hong Kong International Airport now sits at No. 5 — retaining the same position as 2016.
4. Munich Airport (Germany) — Germany’s Munich Airport dropped one position this year, which means it’s now the world’s No. 4 airport.
3. Incheon International Airport (Seoul, South Korea) — South Korea’s Incheon International Airport has been in the top three since 2013.
2. Tokyo International Airport Haneda — Tokyo’s Haneda Airport, at No. 2, is one of two airports in Japan on this year’s top 10 list.
1. Singapore Changi Airport — Singapore Changi Airport has retained the Skytrax World’s Best Airport title for the fifth consecutive year. Passenger facilities include two 24-hour movie theaters screening the latest blockbusters for free, a rooftop swimming pool and a butterfly garden.